Friday, July 10, 2009

Costa Rica & This Week @ Reveal

Unbelievably, in just 24 hours, I will be sitting in the Charlotte airport waiting to catch a flight to San Jose, Costa Rica for a week of mission work. There will be 10 of us from First Baptist going.

While there, we will be working in some of the poorest areas around San Jose, the capital city of Costa Rica. We will be delivering groceries, working on homes, playing with children and sharing the Good News of Jesus with everyone who will listen.

Please pray for us while we are gone. Obviously while I am gone, I will not be blogging. However, when I get back, I hope to have the chance to share with you some of the happenings from the trip. If you want to keep up with the team while we are gone, check out this link.

I am going to miss being in Reveal this week. Since Steve is on vacation this week and I will be out of the country, David Mitchell will be speaking in Reveal. Carrying on the Blockbuster theme, he will be using "Yes Man" as a jumping off point to look at James 1. Next week, I will be back and using "Bedtime Stories" to look at James 4.

I haven't checked with Will, but I am assuming that the band will be back at full strength this week. It should be a great week at Reveal. Don't miss it!

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment