Thursday, July 23, 2009

Faith is...(Part 6)

Faith is...the conviction: the promiser keeps His promises.
In baseball, batting .300 is really good. That's 3 out of 10. In building bridges, that ratio is really bad. You would not trust a heart surgeon if that was their success rate. But how about God? He has a perfect record. Every promise He has made, He has backed up. Now I know that there are some promises that He has made that have not happened yet, but so far He is perfect and I have no reason to believe that the future will be any different.

Here is a quick survey of some of God's promises:

To Eve - "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth." - Gen 3:16

To Adam - "Cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you shall eat of it" - Gen 3:17 (labor to make a living)

To Noah - "never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh." - Gen 9:15

To Abraham - "I will make you a great nation." - Gen 12:2

To Moses - "I will send you to Pharaoh so that you may bring my people the sons of Israel out of Egypt." - Exodus 3:10

To Moses - "Surely all the men who have seen my glory...yet have put me to the test...shall by no means see the land..." - Num 14:22-23

Of course I could list many, many more but in this short list we can see that God keeps his promises. So what does this mean for us? Let's recap what we have already seen over these past 5 posts:
  1. God has a pattern for my life
  2. God is the Lord of time
  3. It is His strength alone
  4. We have an assurance of heaven
  5. God controls the future
This means that no matter what we see our circumstances to be, we can trust God's plan, timing, strength and promises to work for our good. It may not happen how or when we think that it should, but be assured, it will happen.

It all comes down to faith.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment