Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Faith is...(Part 3)

Faith is...keeping on keeping on when I am dog tired, discouraged, disillusioned, deserted, dusty dry cast on His strength alone.
Are you tired? Tired of trying to do the right thing when everyone else seems to not care? Tired of your schedule? Tired of never having any "You" time? Maybe just tired of being where you are right now?

In Part 1 and Part 2 of my "Faith is..." blog series, I talked about God's pattern and God's timing. And I could be a poster child of being "tired". Many of you know that I only work part-time here at the church (~25 hrs/week) and so to help make ends meet and to provide insurance for me and Lori, I have been working at Home Depot for the past year and a half (~20 hrs/week).

But of course, I don't just work at Home Depot like a regular associate. I work from 4am to 8am. Yep you read right. 4am to 8am. That means that I get up at 3:25am and leave the apartment at 3:40am.

Now most days I get a nap in the morning before I head to FBC, but there are mornings that I don't. Now, as you can imagine, I tend to always be tired - physically.

But what about spiritually? Just as we can be tired physically and need to sleep and rest and recharge, there are also times when we can get tired spiritually. There are going to be times when you will feel like you are hearing God on a loud-speaker and then there are going to be times when you feel like you can't hear from God no matter how hard you try.

What do you do during those times? Do you give up and quit reading your Bible, quit praying, quit seeking Godly-counsel?

In many ways, it will be in these dry times that our faith grows. It will be a challenge to stay with your devotional and prayer life when you don't feel that you are getting anything out of them. But later, you will see what a blessing it really was. Remember that it is easy to trust God when things are easy and everything seems to be going our way.

It all comes down to faith.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment