Friday, July 10, 2009

Faith is...(Part 2)

Faith is...recognizing that God is the Lord of time when my idea of timing doesn't agree with His.
Where are you at with God's timing? Are you dying to get out of High School and out of your parents house? Are you are in college and tired of studying and projects? Are you ready to have a real job with a real paycheck? Are you are single and wanting to get married? Are you wanting to start having kids? Are you ready to have a house instead of an apartment?

In part one, I told y'all of some experiences that I had that caused me to have to rely on God's pattern for my life and not my own. God's timing and God's pattern tend to go together. Just as it is hard to see a pattern when things "seem" meaningless - it is hard to wait when human timing and God's timing don't line up.

Needless to say, that summer that I had to move back home was tough. I had been "on my own" (not literally of course, but you know what I mean) for 6 years and it kinda felt like a step back to go move home. After all, I had an Engineering degree from one of the top schools in the nation, it couldn't be that hard to find a job - my timing, not His.

The year after seminary...once again hard, probably even harder. I mean, come on God, I just spent three years studying You. Why can't You give me a job? - my timing, not His.

Funny thing, when I try to do things on my timing, I usually screw up. But when I wait on God's timing, things usually work out for the best - even if I would not have chosen that path or timing. Funny. Well...Not really, just truth.

It all comes down to faith.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment