Thursday, July 16, 2009

Faith is...(Part 4)

Faith is...not a vague hope of a happy hereafter but an assurance of heaven based on my trust in Christ's death as payment for my sins.
A vague hope is a ungrounded, unsure feeling that something will happen. Basically it is a guess. However, an assurance is grounded and sure.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1 (NASB)

I really like this verse in The Message: "The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see."

These words seem much better to me: assurance, conviction, firm foundation. Much better than vague hope. And if we can have an assurance in what God says, then we don't have to understand everything about it, we can just have faith.

After all Jesus said: "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you." - John 14:2

It all comes down to faith.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment