Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Set List 02.01.09

Here is the music that we used on 02.01.09 - Red Letters (Week 2):

In The Light (Charlie Peacock as performed by dc Talk)
Madly (Steve Fee)
Agnus Dei (Michael W. Smith as performed by Third Day)
Word Of God Speak (MercyMe)
Worship You Forever (Todd Fields)

You ever have one of those days when everything just seems to go wrong? Well Sunday was that day for me, at least at the start. See Jamie was out of town so there were several extra things in my routine that needed to get done. And as a result, I was a little out of sorts mentally. This resulted in me starting off the first song of the 10:30 service in the wrong key. I was embarrassed to say the least. (I am hoping that Miller can edit that out before it goes to CN-2). Then, in the last song of the set, I sang the wrong lyrics. Boy what a great way to start off the day.

When I got down to the Apex, I still had several things to do before REVEAL started. By the time everything got done, I was already emotionally spent. I went over in the corner and spent some time in prayer. More than anything just trying to calm down.

Now I don't want to "over-spiritualize" the situation, but I feel that this is just another way that God is saying "Will...Me not you, My strength not yours." I guess that I am just hard-headed because I seem to find God reminding me of that a lot. But in spite of my "feelings", once we started worshiping, all of the other "stuff" faded away.

That, more than anything, is what I want to point out. When we focus on ourselves and our circumstances they seem big and many times overwhelming. But when we put our focus on God, all that "stuff" fades into the background.

Random Facts about Sunday:
1. I sang "Word of God Speak" at 10:30 and Reveal but in different keys.
2. We had about 70 people in the Apex.
3. The sermon intro video was really funny.
4. The "God's Purpose...Right Now" promo video was AWESOME! (Hunter this is the best one yet, keep up the great work.)
5. Pastors aren't perfect, we make mistakes too.
6. I continue to see new faces in Reveal.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger.

--Will

No comments:

Post a Comment