Monday, October 19, 2009

Set List 10.18.09

Here is the music that we used for 10.18.09 - "Marriage For Dummies" - Week 6:

[Opening Song]
A - Keep Your Hands To Yourself - Georgia Satellites

[Worship Set]
D - We Have Overcome - Israel Houghton (Elevation Worship Version)
Bb - O Praise Him - David Crowder
B - Jesus Paid It All - Grape/Hall/Nifong (Kristian Stanfill Version)

[Closing Song]
B - Calling Out To You - Tommy Walker

This weeks sermon title was "What Husbands and Wives Need: Sex and Spiritual Leadership" so we thought that it would be kinda humorous to play "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" as the opener for a talk on sex. I mean it's not every Sunday that you get to play your favorite 80's tune in church. It went over great! Exactly what I had hoped for.

Overall, this was a good weekend of worship even though for me it was extremely stressful. Steve White, our choir director, was at a wedding this weekend so that meant that I had to lead worship in the 9:15 Traditional Service this week. It also meant that I had to wear a suit and tie - which for those of you that know me only happens for weddings, funerals, and 9:15 services! I also decided this time to not use my guitar at 9:15 like I did last time, which made me a little more uncomfortable. But it went off well.

In 10:30, things were very normal and I thought that worship went off well. The audience was engaged and the team did a great job.

In Reveal however things got off to a rough start. Normally I am done with the 10:30 service by about 11:00 and have time to prep things and get my mind switched from one set list and band to the other. But because I had to lead the invitation song this week in Steve's absence, I didn't get into the other service until 11:45. To compound this problem, La Red (our new Hispanic Service) kicked off Saturday night and the sound board was still set up for them. So I was kinda running ragged trying to get the sound board ready (especially since we didn't have a sound tech for Reveal this morning!) We finally got going, but my in-ear monitors were pegging out on the box and it made everything muddy so I just took them out and played with no monitor.

It continues to amaze me how God seems to really show up in times like this though. Even though I was very stressed and my mind was running crazy from 3 music sets with 3 different bands, God showed up in a powerful way during the singing portion of worship this weekend. Praise Be To God! Because I know that it wasn't me.

As always, part of Fred McKinnon's Sunday Set Lists.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment