His two key verses were Joshua 23:8 and Joshua 5:13-14.
He talked about how Joshua's life hinged on the event before the battle of Jericho when he meets the Angel of the Lord (5:13-14). Joshua is out surveying the city before the attack and meets the angel with his sword drawn. Joshua asks a question that most of us would ask: "Are you for us, or against us?"
The angel has a great answer: "No."
Here are some blurbs from Andy's talk about this:
- "God is not coming to be a part of our story, He is asking us to be a part of His!"
- "Wrap your identity around who you are for, not who is for you."
- "Whose side are you on, not whose on your side."
- Charles Stanley - "God takes full responsibility for a life wholly devoted to Him."
- Charles Stanley - "My responsibility is to be obedient to God and to trust Him with the consequences."
- "God has designed, created, gifted and positioned you!"
- "You have no idea what God wants to accomplish through you."
- "Our mark isn't worth our life"
- "Living to make my mark is to small a thing to give my life for."