Friday, April 17, 2009

Shortcuts

So the other day as I was driving home from church on Dave Lyle the light in front of McDonalds turned yellow as I approached it. I slowed down and stopped and the light turned red. Just then, to my left a truck drove through the red light. After a short time the light turned green and I continued on to the next traffic light at the on-ramp to I-77 Southbound. I looked to my left and there was that truck. Ummmmm...

So this thought went through my head. Was breaking the law (running the red-light) worth it for those few moments of being ahead? Well, I doubt that the driver was given a citation for this incident and I am sure that I have done the same thing at some point. But what about God's law? How many times do we try and circumvent God's law because it is more convenient to do something another way. I know that I do it more times than I would like to admit.

Could it be that it is only by God's grace that another vehicle does not crash into us while we are "running the red-light"?

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment