Monday, April 13, 2009

Back in the Swing

Other than my announcement about the t-shirts, it's been almost 2 months since I've posted anything on the blog. I make no promises but I will try to do a little better over the next few weeks.

I spent the first part of last week in the Rochester, NY area planning a mission trip for this summer (June 20-27). If you're looking for a place to plug-in and do something that is aimed at reaching a radically unchurched area, let me encourage you to get onboard. We will be doing a little bit of everything - helping plant a church in a small village about an hour south of Rochester, renovating an old church building for a new church plant in a village about 45 minutes east of Rochester, working with existing churches in Rochester doing backyard Bible clubs, block parties, and more.

I put off the trip to Rochester from February to April to avoid snow and cold weather. I'm a fan of neither. Of course, it was cold and rainy the day we arrived and snowing on our way out of town. Yep, that's how my week went.

I spent the rest of last week laying on my couch watching Law and Order, taking Benadryl and going through box after box of Kleenex. That's why the email that you received this past Friday was so incredibly off. For the record, we didn't have lunch after Reveal, the band is NOT playing at Glencairn Gardens on April 19 (they'll be at Cherry Park), and we were not in week 6 of God's Purpose Right Now.

Hopefully this will be a better week. As I type this, I've been antihistamine-free for almost 28 hours. Woo-hoo!

I hope everyone has a great week!

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment