Monday, April 20, 2009

10 Years Ago Today

Do you remember where you were on April 20th 1999? I do. It was my last quarter at Georgia Tech. I had some morning classes and when I got back to my fraternity house everyone was crowded around the television. I didn't know what was going on, but it didn't take me long to figure it out.

At 11:19 AM (Mountain Time), two students at Columbine High School in Columbine, CO, started one of the worst school massacres in American history. Thirteen people died that day.

One of the students and the first to die was Rachel Joy Scott. She had written this in her journal:
"I am not going to apologize for speaking the name of Jesus, I am not going to justify my faith to them, and I am not going to hide the light that God has put into me. If I have to sacrifice everything...I will."
I have this quote written in the front of my Bible. I read it almost every time that I open it. It reminds me to be bold for Christ. How about you? Where were you when you heard the news? What is your take-away from it all?

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment