Monday, April 13, 2009

Set List 04.12.09

Here is the music that we used for 04.12.09 - Easter Sunday.

[Opening Song]
My Hero - Foo Fighters
  • Love this song. Heard it for Easter at NewSpring (Anderson, SC) a few years ago and have been really wanting to do it. I did change the lyrics at the end of the chorus from "He's ordinary" to "Extraordinary"

[Welcome]

[Video]

[Worship Set]
Glory Defined - Building 429
O Praise Him - David Crowder
Thief - Third Day
  • We kinda mixed the original version with the new version on the Chronology album. We had the lights off and only a spot on me. Then when the band kicks in after the second verse, we brought all the band lights up and rocked it out like on Chronology. It was awesome and by far the highlight of the service musically.

[Sermon]
Rev. Steve Hogg

[Closing]
Love Song - Third Day
  • Very simple production on this one. Me on guitar and vocals with Tommy on Mandolin. Sounded great. It was cool to do Thief and Love Song in the same service. These are my two favorite Third Day songs.
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin
  • We just did this last week in the combined service, but I thought it would be a good fit for us to play as people left the service. Went over well.

Check out all the other set lists at Fred McKinnon's Sunday Set Lists.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

1 comment:

  1. I too thought, "Theif" and "Love Song" were amazing selections lyrically. Very powerful. I liked the arrangements for both as well...keeping "Love song" accoustic (nice Mandolin touch btw) was brilliant.

    I love "Let God Arise" and to be completely honest, I really believe it would of been a great opener. Its an awesome "jump around and get excited about God" song...an "ice breaker" if you will. I notice that most people as a whole, are pretty shy and/or just not comfortable with actin a fool in front of each other like King David did. You know, the dancin around in front of everybody and their brother....actin all crazy and undignified. Anyway, its just one of those songs that stirs my heart to worship, makes me wanna jump, and forget what everybody thinks of me! I honestly dont think we need to worry too much about bringing songs like that(brilliant ones, ha!) for a few consecutive weeks. For the most part, people need to feel that they not only identify with the song lyrically, but also they need to recognize the melody well enough that they will "let themselves go" in the aspect of dancing or praising.

    Hats off to those involved in the "trial and error" process of set list selection!! I know its NOT an easy thing to do....making everybody happy. I pray God continue to pour out His Spirit of wisdom and revelation on you! Blessings and Favor!

    ReplyDelete