Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thoughts from the Spa

Thanks for allowing Lori and I to get away last weekend. I heard that Tommy did a great job leading worship.

So one of the things that Lori and I did on our vacation was to go to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. On our honeymoon, my parents gave us a gift of a massage at the Spa. We enjoyed it so much that we scheduled one for this trip.

Friday was a great day to just lounge around. And being at the Spa was awesome. I really enjoyed being in the outdoor hot tub with it raining. It was great for me because usually I get overheated in hot tubs and I end up sitting on the edge and just putting my feet in, but this time because of the cool air and the rain, I was very comfortable.

So as I was sitting there, I had this thought. How many times do we allow ourselves to get comfortable in our sin? We sit there enjoying the pleasurable side of sin and the cool refreshing grace/forgiveness of God at the same time and we try to live on the fence. We think that we have it made. We can get the good of both. But you know what happens when you spend too much time in the water? Your skin starts to get wrinkly. In other words it starts to show.

The same thing happens to us when we spend too much time trying to ride the fence of sin/grace. It starts to show on us as well. We become short with the ones we love. We spend less time with God. We begin find excuses to why we are not praying, worshiping, reading the Bible. We may not think that it shows, but it does.

Is there something in your life where you are trying to ride the fence? Take it to God, He can handle it. Repent, turn back to Him. His mercies are new every morning and the joy that He gives is better than the quick enjoyment of sin.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment