Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Received

I was listening to this song today and it really struck me.
Received
by shane barnard

[Verse 1]
You can only go so far, until the bottom falls out

All my singing, smiling, pleasure finds me, I'm all right

Pretty melody, dedicated to God

To be called by one Almighty God and take it for granted

Heard a rumor i guess, but i wanna know who told me so

Told me serving You replaced me knowing You!



[Chorus]
Can i be received? Unclean oh Lord am I find me in my shame

You are all I need 
please don't pass me by I call upon Your name

[Verse 2]


You whispered to Your child today

But I haven't got a minute to listen

Your child is busy with the work of God
And taking Him for granted
A lot of things do today, kingdom work's the game I play

Lord my serving You replaced me knowing You



Psalm 26:2-3

 - "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and mind; for Your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in Your truth."
So, the thing that struck me is how many times do I think that my serving God is all that I need or all that He desires. I think that there are times that I fall into the trap of replacing my knowing with serving. I haven't really worked all of this out in my mind - I am still thinking on it. Curious what y'all think on this issue. Post a comment and let me know.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment