Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's late Wednesday afternoon and the office is almost deserted. So I thought I would take a minute to share some things for which I'm thankful.

I'm thankful that against all of my desires I ended up at Baptist College of Charleston in January of 1988. Seven months later I would meet the girl who in a moment of blindness agreed to go on a date with me. Thank you, Baptist College. Thank you, Marjorie.

I'm thankful for the two daughters that God has blessed me with. They are best friends with each other and the joy of their mom and dad's life. Thank you, Elizabeth and Victoria.

I'm thankful for my bed. I've tried to remember to say that to myself every night this week. Thank you, Rooms to Go.

I'm thankful for parents who gave me a Christian heritage that has enhanced my walk with Christ and who continue to give me a model of Christianity to this day. Thanks, mom and dad.

I'm thankful for a church that is willing to take risks and think outside the box so that ministries like Reveal can exist. Thank you, FBC Rock Hill.

I'm thankful for Honey Nut Cheerios. They taste great and lower my cholesterol. It was the best use of a coupon by me this year. Thank you, General Mills.

I'm thankful for DVR. Nothing else needs to be said. Thank you, Comporium.

Above all else, I am thankful that my Savior Jesus Christ did not give up on me. But gave His life as a sacrifice for my sin to give me hope and joy and peace and the opportunity to be a part of His plan.

Tomorrow millions of people will gather around tables filled with turkey and dressing and gravy and sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes . . . Well, you get the picture. In the midst of the food, the football, and the fellowship, be mindful of the things and the people and situations in your life that are there only by the grace of a loving Father.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment