It looks like it's been a while since I've posted anything on here and even longer since I've posted anything other than recaps. There will be a couple of posts forthcoming this week. Until then, here's a quick recap of yesterday at Reveal.
Steve gave me the opportunity to speak at Reveal this week and since it is the week of Thanksgiving, I used the time to focus on living a life of thanksgiving. Here are the highlights:
- Colossians 2:6-7 says that our lives should overflow with thanksgiving.
- What happens when our lives overflow with thanksgiving?
- Proverbs 11:24-25 gives us a good picture of the life that overflows with thanksgiving.
- Living a life of thanksgiving requires accurate vision.
- We have to see things differently than the world sees things.
- Commonsense says that the way to wealth is to save, spend wisely and invest.
- The Bible says the way to wealth is to give freely.
- Of course, the God's definition of wealth is completely different than the world's.
- Wealth does not equal money.
- We have to see how blessed we are. I used this clip from The Blind Side and asked the question, "Do you see your bed as a blessing?"
- Living a life of thanksgiving will lead to giving.
- The little translation of the first part of verse 25 is "The soul of blessing gets fat."
- When we become a blessing to others, our lives do not just illustrate the grace of God to others it also enriches and satisfies us.
- Living a life of thanksgiving is rewarded.
- I closed with another clip from The Blind Side that illustrates how our lives are changed when we give our time, our gifts, our possessions, our lives for others.
-- Peace, Jamie