Here are some of the highlights of the sermon:
- Divorce is always a result of us allowing our heart to be something that God did not intend.
- Unless we are intentional, our marriages will become dull, lifeless, and boring.
- Marriage is ALWAYS a work in progress. He shared the story of a lady whose husband had an affair after 40 years of marriage to make his point.
- Feelings matter but should not be an excuse to avoid the responsibility of intentionally nurturing our relationships.
- Actions drag feelings along and not the other way around.
- How do you sustain love? By acting in loving ways.
- Wives - develop an inner beauty that exceeds your outer beauty.
- Husbands - pay attention to your attitude.
- Do I cherish my spouse?
- Am I honoring my spouse?
- Am I acting in a loving way to my spouse?
Also today, Dave Kerns filled in for Will who was away on a retreat with some of the couples in our church. Dave did a great job as always leading us to worship our God through music. It is great to have people like Dave who can fill in so capably.
Next week, we will focus on missions as a part of our Impact Conference. Hope you will join us.
-- Peace, Jamie