Monday, November 23, 2009

Set List 11.22.09

Here is the music that we used for 11.22.09:

[Opening Song]
B - Glory To God Forever - Steve Fee

[Worship Set]
Bb - You You Are God - Walker Beach
E - Open The Eyes Of My Heart - Paul Baloche
D - Rescue - Jared Anderson

[Message]
Jamie Burdette

[Closing Song]
D - You Are My King (Amazing Love) - Billy Foote

We started off this week with a new song by Steve Fee. We used the short chorus that he used at Catalyst 09 to kick it off.
"There is no one higher, no one greater, no one like our God
There is none more able, Christ our Savior, Great and Glorious."
I thought that it went well. The congregation seemed to pick up on it quickly.

I put in two songs this week that are "memory" or "go-back" songs. Just like places can have memories associated with them that make the location seem more holy or special, songs have the power to carry that same emotional connection. "Open the Eyes of My Heart" and "You Are My King" are two songs that have been around for 10+ years and people have had time to connect to them.

I thought that overall worship went very well today.

As always, part of Fred McKinnon's Sunday Set Lists.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment