Here are the highlights:
- I used this clip from Everybody Loves Raymond to point out that we all say things we wish we could take back.
- While the word immoral brings with it images of sexual sins, addiction and the like, it also applies to the abuse of others with the words that we speak
- Like toothpaste, we should be careful that we don'.t let too much come out at once. We have to guard the words that we speak.
- Before you speak, ask two questions. One, Would I want someone to say that TO me? Two, Would I want someone to say that ABOUT me?
- Remember that what you say can never be put back in. Gossip that is spoken can't be taken back. Neither can the lies that we tell or the insults that we dole out or the angry words that we speak.
- Because there will never be an invention that will permanently keep us from mis-speaking (Duck tape was mentioned as a possible solution but I think that would only be temporary), we will always have messes to clean up.
Hopefully, Steve will be back and ready to go next week. We will be wrapping up the Marriage for Dummies series next week.
-- Peace, Jamie