Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Sunday capped off one of the crazier weekends that I've had in a while. Since you've stopped by the blog, you'll be lucky enough to hear my whole story. I ended up with tickets to the Clemson-BC game on Saturday thanks to Terri and Chuck Hood. So Saturday morning at 7:30, I hopped in the car with Elizabeth, Victoria and Sara Catherine Watts and headed toward Clemson. (My directions were to drive on I-85 till I smelled and turn right on Hwy 76 till I stepped in it, but they were wrong.)

Because I had plans on Saturday night, we knew that we would have to leave at halftime. For the first half, the weather was great - overcast with a nice breeze and very little rain. At halftime, we headed to the car. It started to rain as we headed out of the stadium and was raining pretty hard by the time we got to the car. Before we got back on I-85, the game was being delayed because of the weather. Very few times in my life have I felt smarter or luckier, which means you know what's coming next.

Our Saturday night plans were to go to Heath and Joy Dick's neighborhood for a cookout. My job was to bring a cooler of ice. When we pulled up, there were lots of cars parked on the side of the road, so I decided to drop the ice and Marjorie and the girls off and park further away. In the process of dropping ice and people off, I ended up locking the keys in the van with the van running. Yep, not so smart or lucky. Luckily AAA bailed me out because the coat hanger that Heath found for me was pretty useless.

With that as a backdrop, Sunday turned out to be a great day. Attendance at Reveal was close to the highest it's ever been. There were a number of new couples and college students visiting with us. We had lunch for our college students immediately following Reveal and had an awesome time hanging out together. I capped it off with a college Bible study on Sunday night at Heath and Joy's house. Our college Bible study for the fall is based on Lee Strobel's The Case For Christ. I have read The Case For Faith but this is my first time through TCFC.

While Sunday's can be long days, it's the day that I look forward to the most. So much cool stuff happens. I get to see people that I haven't seen all week. I get to hear stories about what's happening in people's lives. I get to see how God is moving and working in different areas of our church body. Plus, I got to tell my Clemson story coupled with my locking-my-keys-in-my-van story multiple times.

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment