- I HATE lines. I know hate is a strong word, but that's how I feel about lines. They make me wanna punch things.
- I will go to great lengths to avoid lines. I skip drive-thrus. I leave restaurants. I drop people off to wait in line for me. I go to Disney during the off-season. Yes, I will spend time thinking of ways to avoid lines.
- Traffic jams are basically lines in cars. I will drive an hour out of my way to avoid sitting still for 15 minutes in a car. Can't tell you how glad I am that I don't live in a city like Atlanta where traffic is unavoidable.
- I used the story of a mission trip to Zambia. In 2004, twelve of us were flying out of Atlanta to Johannesburg, South Africa on the way to Lusaka, Zambia. A strike by South Africa Airways left me standing in line at the airline counter from 6am to 1pm for four straight days. Needless to say, I was READY to leave the Atlanta airport. Once we did get on the plane, I got bumped to a first class seat for an 18 hour flight. Nice, very nice.
- My Zambia experience taught me a few things. First, the journey prepares us for the destination. Joshua spent a lot of time waiting to take possession of The Promised Land. But he wouldn't have been ready to take possession if he had not spent those 40 years remaining faithful to God.
- Second, the God of the journey is the same God at the destination. Read Revelation 21:1-7. That's the God that we serve. Too often we doubt God or place more faith in our abilities. The God of Revelation wants to invade our lives with His power today, right now. What's keeping you from letting Him do it?
- Third, God has a passionate desire to have an intimate relationship with you. Joshua 1:9 says that God is with us wherever we go. He's waiting for us to engage Him every moment of every day. Why would we pass that up? End of sermon wrap up.
- Pray for Steve. I know that most of you pray for your pastor everyday. Make a special time this week to pray for him to be refreshed, strengthened, and inspired. He faced a lot last week because of deaths and other emergencies.
Just a reminder that there will be no Reveal next week. We will have one worship gathering at 10:00am in the main worship room followed by a picnic upstairs.
Have a great week!
-- Peace, Jamie