Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Set List 08.09.09

Here is the music that we used for Sunday 08.09.09 - Week 2 of "Indescribable"

[Opening Song]
Creed - Rich Mullins (Third Day Version)

[Worship Set]
Desert Song - Brooke Fraser
My Savior, My God - Aaron Shust

[Sermon]
Rev. Steve Hogg

[Communion]
Communion - Third Day

[Closing Song]
Nothing But The Blood - Robert Lowry

Well this week, I was totally immersed in "Creed". We had practiced the song for two weeks or so and I had been struggling with the intro vocals a lot. So I just decided to listen to the intro over and over and over...You get the idea. And that is exactly what I did...ALL WEEK! Needless to say, I became a little tired of the intro to the song after about a hundred run-throughs of personal practice. And I guess that I had psyched myself up about how well the song was going to go over. Because I was hoping for more energy from the congregation, but I felt like it was a little flat. Don't know if I was expecting too much or if people just were not familiar with it or what it was. We are planning on kicking off the "REFRESH" service on Sept 6 with that song, so we may bring it back once more to remind REVEAL of it so that they can kick-start the energy that morning.

On a much more positive note: Stacy was supposed to sing "Desert Song" again this weekend. But Saturday morning she came down with some kind of head cold thing. She texted me and my wife, Lori, to let us know. Lori basically learned the song Saturday morning and led it in worship on Sunday and did a GREAT JOB! For those of you who lead on a regular basis, you know how hard it is to lead a new song on short notice. Thanks Lori, for all your hard work on that song.

Finally, I broke a string during the set this week, but thankfully it was on the last 4 bars of the last song - PRAISE GOD! It is really distracting to break a string and I am grateful that it lasted through the service.

As always, part of Fred McKinnon's Sunday Set Lists.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

1 comment:

  1. Man...I gotta do Third Day's Communnion again. Thanks! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete