Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Thots

It has been a busy and crazy week. The crazy Monday and the trip to Atlanta on Tuesday has kept me running to catch up. Will and Lori are moving on Saturday so Will has been busy as well.

Here are a few nuggets from the week, especially from the Atlanta trip:
  • The Georgia Aquarium is really nice. While it should take about 2-2 1/2 hours to get through the whole place, part of our group went through the entire aquarium in 47 minutes.
  • I got to see the whale sharks being fed. Finally, I found a shark that doesn't frighten me. I've never seen Jaws all the way through. I have read the book. I do NOT like sharks.
  • We got to the ballpark an hour before the game started and I got to watch batting practice. The down side is that I was ready to go sometime during the third inning.
  • I don't know if it's because I knew we had a four hour drive back or if I'm getting older, but I have a hard time sitting through a full baseball game. Can't they shorten the games to seven innings? Three hours plus for a ball game is a LONG time.
  • On the way back, I ate a bag of salt and vinegar chips and drank an extra sweet Lipton sweet tea. Then I followed that with a bag of Peachie O's. My stomach was not amused.
  • Because of the sugar rush and caffeine high, I didn't get to sleep until almost 5:00am on Wednesday morning.
  • The rain on Wednesday made me want to move to the Pacific Northwest. I love rainy, cool days. If I could order up about 250 of those a year, I would.
  • On Wednesday, Hunter and I had a great time planning some videos for the upcoming Marriage for Dummies series.
On Sunday, we will be in week 3 of Indescribable. Steve will continue a sermon series on the attributes of God. I hope that we will see you at Reveal!

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment