Monday, May 11, 2009

Set List 05.10.09

Here is the music that we used for Mother's Day - 05.10.09. This was the first week of our new series "The Core" based out of Romans 12:9-21.

[Intro]
Give A Little Bit - Supertramp (Goo Goo Dolls Version)

[Video]
Dorky Mother's Day Gifts - (This was a collection of 1950's commercials depicting housewives with cars, dishwashers, etc.)

[Welcome]
Jamie Burdette

[Mother's Day Recognition]
Our tradition at FBC is to give all the mother's carnations. Everyone in the audience who has their mother present comes up to the front, gets a carnation and gives it to their mother.

[Worship Set]
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin
All We Need - Charlie Hall
Madly - Steve Fee

[Sermon]
The Core (1) - Steve Hogg

[Closing Song]
Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) - Brenton Brown

This weekend we had a lower than normal attendance. I guess Winthrop University being out and being Mother's Day caused many of our regulars to be somewhere else. I was also dealing with some family stuff that caused my mind to be somewhere else. I thought I was doing ok with it, but I had one person in the band and one of our pastors ask me if I was ok, so I guess that I didn't do a great job of hiding it. I guess we can't be on top of our game every week.

This Saturday we are doing our first "Project 11:29" event. This is based on
"The disciples, each according to his ability, decided to provide help for the brothers living in Judea." - Acts 11:29 (NIV)
This arose out of a desire to give back. As a younger group, we don't have a lot of resources to give, but what we do have is time and talents. So we are looking for projects that we can do/help with that will allow us to give back.

As always, check out what other churches are doing for worship at Fred McKinnon's Sunday Setlists.

Dream Big...Pray Bigger!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment