Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Computers

Yep. You guessed it. My computer is driving me mad. About a month or two ago, I noticed my computer (about 2 years old) was beginning to slow down. It took longer to start up. It took longer for programs to open. It took longer for files to load. Then about a week ago, it would freeze briefly (about 5-10 seconds) whenever I clicked on anything (and I do mean anything - email, itunes, word, internet, anything.) Now, I'm not the Road Rage-y kind of guy. I lose my cool every now and then. But I'm pretty laid back about most things. However, one thing I'm not laid back about is waiting. (Yes, I'm the guy who drives 30 minutes out of the way to avoid sitting in traffic for 5-10 minutes). I like to keep moving, which has meant that my computer is driving me CRAZY now.

So I've spent portions of the last three days shedding excess programs, unused files, and deleting extra copies of music on my hard drive. I found four copies of three different Relient K CDs on my computer. Still it's not enough. My computer is still slow, still freezing, still driving me CRAZY. The first chance I get, I will be turning my computer over to the capable hands of Mr. Miller Pitts, computer genius, who will hopefully update and upgrade my computer to get in back in proper working form.

It reminds me a lot of how I live my life. Weeks and months of use and misuse drag me down. I get busy doing things, added responsibilities, chugging through life. Eventually I realize that my relationship with Christ is not where it needs to be because of all the excess in my life. Then I start shedding things to try to make it right only to realize that I need to turn myself in for an update and an upgrade from the only One who can get me back in shape.
As my computer goes off to the shop, I think it will be a good time for me to unplug and unwind in the presence of another Genius.

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment