Thursday, January 29, 2009

List-mania

Those who followed previous incarnations of this blog know that I am susceptible to making and reviewing lists. As one of my favorite TV personalities would say, "It's a blessing, and a curse." About a year ago, Stephen King listed the top 10 most played songs on his itunes list. I thought I'd share that all important information about my itunes and invite you to share your top 10 in the comments.

  1. So Close - Jon McLaughlin (435 plays) - From "Enchanted" a movie that I adore and probably way overrate.
  2. Hallelujah - Paramore (401) - The one band that I really want to see in concert that I haven't seen.
  3. Go the Distance - Roger Bart (381) - Bought this one just before our college mission trip to New Orleans last summer and listened to it all the way there and back.
  4. Awakening - Switchfoot (375) - My favorite band of the new century. I've been lucky enough to see these guys twice in concert.
  5. Check Yes Juliet - We the Kings (366) - An itunes freebie!
  6. Marvelous Light - Charlie Hall (294) - This one is for Will because I know he hasn't heard it enough.
  7. What About Now (Idol Gives Back Performance) - Daughtry (293) - Hopefully, we'll all be a little more familiar with this one in the future.
  8. Mirrors and Smoke - Jars of Clay (293) - This is what I know about Jars, when they are rocking, they are VERY, VERY good. When they're not, the are VERY, VERY average. This song includes Leigh Nash and has a southern rock feel and a hook that gets me every time.
  9. Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin (291) - I have 70 Tomlin songs in my iTunes and could handle 70 more with ease.
  10. Mercy - Duffy (286) - Another itunes freebie!
One thing you should know about my itunes - it plays non-stop everyday that I'm at work. When I'm at home, my ipod is usually playing in the kitchen on my ihome. Another thing that sometimes drives my daughters crazy is that once a song starts to play, it HAS to play to the end so that it can get counted. No skipping to the next song when the one playing starts to fade out. Yes, I know, "It's a blessing, and a curse."

Now it's your turn. I'd love to hear what your top 10 itunes (by play count) songs are.

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment