Here are some of the highlights:
- Joshua did not have an easy job. He was following a charismatic leader and he would be leading a stubborn people.
- What made Joshua successful?
- First, he stood on the promises of God. God's promise to the Hebrew nation did not change just because Moses had died.
- When we don't stand on the promises of God, we are not satisfied with anything and we will blame others for conflicts and tough times.
- Joshua was able to stand on the promises of God because he took God's word seriously.
- Second, Joshua stood with the presence of God.
- Third, he remained faithful to God's word. He did not turn to the right or the left.
- Finally, he was successful because he started the process. He did not get discouraged. Instead he took action because he believed that God was with him.
- Enrique closed by reminding us that the greatest promise we have is God's presence in our lives.
- How does that promise change how we live our lives?
We had a good crowd Sunday even though a lot of our regular attenders were out of town. This Sunday we kick off our "Christmas 101: Lessons from the First Christmas" series. Steve will be back. Following Reveal this Sunday, we will have lunch in the Apex. Hope you'll join us.
-- Peace, Jamie